octenilin® wound irrigation solution
Wound irrigation solution for cleansing and moistening of chronic skin wounds.
- excellent cleaning performance
- especially well-tolerated by the skin and tissues
- for all wound situations
- for repeated and long-term use
- rapid, effective cleansing of wounds
- for the removal of wound crusts consisting of necrotic tissue, pathogens, biofilm and fibrinous films
- suitable for difficult to access areas, such as fissures and wound pockets
- for moistening and moisturisation of wounds
- for moisturisation of dressings and wound pads
- for gentle removal of difficult to remove, caked dressings/ wound pads
- for combined use with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (V.A.C.Ulta, KCI)
Moisturising propertyDue to its low surface tension, octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution has excellent moisturising properties and thus cleansing properties on tissue surfaces, even difficult to reach surfaces, such as fissures and wound pockets.
Cleansing power to remove biofilmsStudies on the cleansing power against microorganisms in the biofilm revealed a good performance.
In comparison to wound irrigation solutions such as Ringer or isotonic saline solutions commonly used in hospitals, octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution shows a significantly better cleansing power and, therefore, a better reduction of pathogens.
Conservationoctenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution is conserved as to considerably reduce the risk of germ conveyance into the adjacent surroundings during application. octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution thus offers, if applied according to the instructions, an effective germ barrier between the wound and the treated person.
Tissue tolerability and biocompatibilityNon-irritating, non-sensitising, free of pain, without tissue toxicity, no impairment granulation and no impairment of the epithelialisation. The good tolerability of Octenidine has been confirmed by clinical experience over many years and by clinical studies on chronic wounds as well.
Intensively irrigate and clean the wound with octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution during each change of dressing (octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution can be warmed up to body temperature immediately before application). Easily removable coverings can already be removed this way. Dressings and wound coverings additionally soaked with octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution can be used to solvate fibrin coverings. The application should be repeated until all coverings and necroses can be removed and the wound is optically clean. Rinsing afterwards is generally not necessary. The wound can be further treated with octenilin® wound gel, if necessary.
Best before 8 weeks after the first use.
Aqua valde purificata, Glycerol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Octenidine HClOriginal condition:
Sterile, sealed. Stability at room temperature, see stability information.Use before:
8 weeks after first opening. The bottle must be closed after each use.
Flash point:Not applicable
Density:ca. 1,0 g/cm3 / 20 °C
Viscosity, dynamic:No data available
pH:ca. 5,4 / 20 °C / (undiluted)
Use with caked dressings, i. e. dressings that are difficult to remove
If the wound dressing is difficult to remove, soaking it with octenilin®
Wound Irrigation Solution is recommended to facilitate the gentle removal of the dressing without traumatising the wound surface.
Wound Irrigation Solution should not be used in patients with known or suspected allergy to one or more of the ingredients. If in doubt consult a physician.octenilin®
wound irrigation solution should not be used on hyaline cartilage, the eyes, ears, nose, urinary bladder and in the abdominal cavity! To prevent possible tissue injury, the product must not be injected or applied to tissues with pressure. Adequate drainage from wound cavities must be provided (e.g. for flexible drain tube).
General safety instructions
- Do not use for infusion or injection!
- Not for oral use!
- Only to be applied to the wound externally.
- Only flawless and undamaged container must be used.
- Use only intact and undamaged packs. Protect the product against exposure to direct sunlight.
- To prevent the introduction of bacteria when using octenilin® wound irrigation solution, ensure that the packaging does not come into contact with the wound.
- Medical device - Keep out of the reach and sight of children!
|Item||Delivery form||Item no.|
|octenilin wound irrigation 350 ml FL||10/Carton||on request|
These products are not available in every country. For more information please contact our local subsidiary or distributor.
schülke manufactures products economically and with advanced, safe and environmentally friendly production processes while at the same time maintaining our high quality standards.