thermosept® PAA additive
Active oxygen-based disinfection of flexible endoscopes
- effective against bacteria, mycobacteria, fungi, viruses
and spores (incl. Clostridium difficile spores)
- good material compatibility due to a 2-component system
- short contact time
For the automated chemothermal reprocessing of flexible endoscopes in AERs.
thermosept® PAA base/additive is suitable for the use in all common AER systems which are released for the use of peracetic based products.
Bactericidal, tuberculocidal, mycobactericidal, fungicidal, virucidal (in accordance with DVV/ RKI Guideline** 12/2014 and EN 14476, EN 17111), sporicidal (Clostridium difficile spores) at 1.0 % - 37 °C - 5 minutes or 1.2 % - 35 °C - 5 minutes.
• Dosage: 1 % (10 ml/l) - 37 °C or 1.2 % (12 ml/l) - 35 °C
• Whenever possible, simultaneously dose thermosept® base and thermosept® additive. If the AER metering pumps are unable to dose the two components simultaneously, add thermosept® PAA base and then thermosept® PAA additive immediately thereafter. Ensure that this order is followed so as to guarantee material compatibility.
• The contact time is 5 minutes.
• Disinfection components are compatible with the mild alkaline cleaning agent thermosept® EndoCleaner. Approved microbiological compatibilty.
Composition, base component: 100 g of solution contain: 5 g of peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid
Composition, additive component: 100 g of solution contain: potassium hydroxide, phosphates and corrosion inhibitors
Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No. 648/2004: < 5 % phosphates
Flash point:Not applicable
Viscosity, dynamic:No data available
Density:ca. 1,2 g/cm3 / 20 °C
pH:> 13 / 20 °C
The base and additive components have to be used in combination. Store in original container at room temperature. Keep the container tightly closed. Protect from heat and sunlight. thermosept® PAA is not suitable for instruments made of brass and copper or chrome-plated instruments. According to EN 17664, the instrument manufacturers' instructions should be followed and, if necessary, the compatibility of the materials ensured before the application. This applies in particular when reprocessing older endoscopes. These should be strictly tested for compatibility with peracetic acid. For professional use only. Read label and use instructions before use.
|Item||Delivery form||Item no.|
|thermosept PAA additive 5 l KA||2/Carton||on request|
|thermosept PAA additive BHT Pin 5 l KA||2/Carton||on request|
|thermosept PAA additive 200 l FA||1/drum(s)||on request|
|thermosept PAA additive Drumt. 200 l FA||1/drum(s)||on request|
These products are not available in every country. For more information please contact our local subsidiary or distributor.
|Key for 5/10 lt can (Draak)
schülke manufactures products economically and with advanced, safe and environmentally friendly production processes while at the same time maintaining our high quality standards.