Coronavirus - WHO declares Public Health Emergency of International Concern
Novel coronavirus - Hand hygiene and general hygiene measures are the most important preventative measures to protect against infections.
According to WHO, coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases, such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Currently it seems that transmission of 2019 n-CoV between humans is possible - usually after close contact with an infected individual.
Recommended prevention measures
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Cover the mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your healthcare provider
- Consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. (WHO, 20202).
For 130 years it has been the goal and mission of schülke to protect lives worldwide. Recognizing the necessity and importance of disinfection and hygiene measures, schülke laid the foundation for a worldwide understanding of disinfection for infection prevention as early as 1889. Hand hygiene and general hygiene measures are the most important preventative measures to protect against infections.schülke offers a wide range of disinfectants for skin, hand and surfaces which have “virucidal activity against enveloped viruses” like our desderman® and desmanol® range or Microshield handrub, while surfaces can be cleaned with products from our mikrozid® range.
- Use of disinfectants claiming at least “virucidal activity against enveloped viruses” (RKI, 20204).
schülke - We protect lives worldwide