octenilin® wound irrigation solution
Wound irrigation solution for cleansing and moistening of chronic skin wounds
- for repeated and long-term use
- especially well-tolerated by the skin and tissues
- excellent cleaning performance
- best before 8 weeks after the first use
octenilin® wound irrigation solution has excellent cleansing and moistening properties due to ethexylglycerine, which reduces the surface tension of the solution and penetrate into fissures and niches of a wound, effectively removing biofilms. With the active ingredient, octenidine, which targets a broad spectrum of microbes, has a long remance effect up to 24 hours.
- For rapid, effective cleansing of wounds
- For the removal of wound crusts consisting of necrotic tissue, pathogens, biofilm and fibrinous films
- Suitable for difficult to access areas, such as fissures and wound pockets
- For moistening and moisturisation of wounds
- For moisturisation of dressings and wound pads
- For gentle removal of difficult to remove, caked dressings/ wound pads
- For combined use with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (V.A.C. Ulta, KCI)
Intensively irrigate and clean the wound with octenilin
Wound Irrigation Solution during each change of dressing (octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution can be warmed up to body temperature immediately before application). Easily removable coverings can already be removed this way.
Dressings and wound coverings additionally soaked with octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution can be used to solvate fibrin coverings. The application should be repeated until all coverings and necroses can be removed and the wound is optically clean. Rinsing afterwards is generally not necessary.
The wound can be further treated with octenisept® wound gel, if necessary.
Best before 8 weeks after the first use.
Aqua valde purificata, Glycerol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Octenidine HCl
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
octenilin® Wound Irrigation Solution should not be used in patients with known or suspected allergy to one or more of the ingredients. If in doubt consult a physician.
octenilin® wound irrigation solution should not be used on hyaline cartilage, the eyes, ears, nose, urinary bladder and in the abdominal cavity!
To prevent possible tissue injury, the product must not be injected or applied to tissues with pressure.
Adequate drainage from wound cavities must be provided (e.g. for flexible drain tube).
General safety instructions
Do not use for infusion or injection!
Not for oral use!
Only to be applied to the wound externally.
Only flawless and undamaged container must be used.
Use only intact and undamaged packs. Protect the product against exposure to direct sunlight.
To prevent the introduction of bacteria when using octenilin® wound irrigation solution, ensure that the packaging does not come into contact with the wound.
Medical device - Keep out of the reach and sight of children!
octenilin® wound irrigation solution 350 ML