23. Mär 2020
The rapid and dynamic development in the spread of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is keeping the world in suspense. As a company and especially as a manufacturer of disinfectants, schülke has a special duty of care towards its employees, customers and society.
In line with our mission to protect lives worldwide, we have therefore taken the necessary measures to continue to meet the needs of our customers, to contribute to the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure the safety and health of our employees.
In order to continue to ensure the supply of our customers, especially in the healthcare sector, and to support them in the best possible way in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, schülke has already implemented appropriate measures:
- Introduction of additional shifts in production, which have already significantly increased the output in order to meet the additional requirements
- Focusing production on the most urgently needed products (hand and surface disinfectants)
By implementing these measures, we were already able to almost double the volume delivered in March. We also expect a further increase in April.
The demand for disinfectants - especially for special products for use in critical medical facilities (e.g. intensive care units, operating theatres) will continue to rise in the coming weeks. We are working intensively to meet the higher increase in demand as best we can.
The safety and health of our employees worldwide is of particular importance to schülke. In the course of the rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2, the company has introduced many preventive safety measures to protect its employees.
- Restriction of business trips nationally and internationally
- Strict guidelines and restrictions on external visits to our sites.
- Introduction of additional hygiene measures and the division of the workforce into A and B teams to ensure physical distance.
- The possibility of mobile work for employees whose work allows this, as well as flexible solutions for employees whose work does not allow mobile working.