octenisan® wash lotion and octenisan® md nasal gel for preoperative decontamination of skin, hair and nasal vestubles
- octenisan® wash lotion und octenisan® md nasal gel for preoperative decontamination in the convenient set
- For use from up to 5 days before the operation
- Provides security: comprehensive patient information for safe use of the product and to increase compliance
- Builds confidence: for the patient to have the feeling of being in the best hands
Preoperative Whole-Body washing
Recent studies show that decontaminating whole-body washing, whether preventive in ICUs or before surgery, can significantly contribute to the reduction of infection rates. Studies have shown that nasal colonisation by S. aureus plays a special role in the subsequent infection process. A bundle of several measures can successfully lead to reduction or avoidance of postoperative wound infections.¹
octenisan® wash lotion:
octenisan® md nasal gel²
- mild and gentle wash lotion for the skin and hair
- for whole body washing against MDRO
- suitable for all skin types
- skin-neutral pH value
- free of artificial colours and perfumes
- decontamination by physical cleaning of the nasal vestibules
- to support wound treatment of lesions in the nasal epithelium
- for moistening
- excellent compatibility
Set can be given to the patient before the operation or recommended for private purchase in the pharmacy. The patient should already use octenisan®
wash lotion and octenisan®
md nasal gel up to 5 days before the operation .octenisan® wash lotion (for 5 days once a day):
- Completely wet hair and body.
- Apply the wash lotion undiluted to a damp and fresh washcloth.
- Apply the wash lotion evenly to the entire body. Lather for 1 minute.
- Wash off thoroughly. Dry with a fresh towel.
- After each application: Put on clean clothing.
Do not use in children under the age of 3.octenisan® md nasal gel (for 5 days twice a day):
- Apply a sufficient quantity of nasal gel onto a cotton swab.
- Apply the gel onto the surfaces of the nasal vestibules.
- Spread the gel by lateral compression of the nostrils. Remove excess gel.
Do not insert too deep in the nose. Do not use in children under the age of 1.
Ingredients octenisan® wash lotion:
Aqua, Cocamidopropylamine oxide, PEG-7 Glyceryl cocoate, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lactic acid, Octenidine HCl, Allantoin.
Ingredients octenisan® md nasal gel:
Purified water, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Octenidine HCI.
In patients with a known hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients, octenisan® md nasal gel must not be used. For external use only. Do not use in combination with PVP-iodine, as this may lead to discolorations and may impair the antiseptic action of PVP-iodine.
Only flawless and undamaged container must be used.
octenisan® wash lotion:
The application of care products is possible after drying of the product.
octenisan® md nasal gel:
Store the tube at room temperature protected from direct sunlight.
|Item||Delivery form||Item no.|
|octenisan® Set||10/Carton||on request|
|octenisan Set Sana||1/Carton||on request|
These products are not available in every country. For more information please contact our local subsidiary or distributor.
schülke manufactures products economically and with advanced, safe and environmentally friendly production processes while at the same time maintaining out high quality standards.